3 days, 12 hours of sleep…

Well, a bit more than that now I guess. I took a five-hour nap today. Spent the weekend doing some crazy traveling. Drove from Worcester to Portsmouth to Worcester to Boston on Friday that flew out of Boston into Pittsburgh Saturday at 6:15am (got up at 3:30 so we could check out of the hotel, drop some stuff in the car, then deal with the flight stuff). Once in Pittsburgh we drove another have an hour to our hotel out side of the city for a couple hours, then back to Pittsburgh for lunch, then to the hotel and then to a wedding. Finally convinced the boy’s parents to drive us back to the hotel and crash around 11pm. Get up at 9:15am (usually not bad but we are already way overtired) to go to the post-wedding brunch, then back to Pittsburgh to visit the National Aviary to celebrate the boy’s grandmother’s 90th birthday. Walk around the aviary (pretty awesome actually, lots of very rare species. And sad too because so many of the birds were rescued and will never be rereleased into the wild), have some lunch, cake, champagne then leave (too late) for the airport. The Steelers played yesterday afternoon during the time we were at the aviary. We ran into a fair amount of post-game traffic. Still, we got to the airport with plenty of time, check in was easy for we wandered around the airport for a while. As airports go it’s pretty nice, has a mall inside, good for killing time and better than sitting around waiting 2 hours for a flight. Get on the flight at 8:30pm, back in Boston at 10:00, then I have to drive around Boston following the detour to get to 90 West (I’m not from the Boston area but even I think the Big Dig project is ridiculous and useless and a complete waste of taxpayers’ money) finally get into Worcester at 12:00-ish and work on some homework. We didn’t go to bed until 2:30am (too much coffee, overtired) and then had to get up at 5:30 to go back to Portsmouth. And I had to be back in Worcester with enough time to finish my homework and get to class. Oh and I did all of the driving in Massachusetts amd New Hampshire because the boy can’t drive my car (which is fine, just exhausted to drive that same route so many time and so early and late in the day). It’s been a hectic weekend. A lot of the time in Pittsburgh was also somewhat tense, the boy and his parents seem to get on each other’s nerves quite a bit.  And for some reason, my ears were fine on the flight to Pittsburgh but when we made our descent into Boston my ears were really hurting and the left one still hasn’t cleared up.  I don’t know how long I should wait before I have it looked at…But it sucks and nothing I’ve done has helped.

So, I didn’t really knit that much (I was trying to take as many pictures as possible, Pittsburgh’s a nice place), though I finished one of the Mata Hari Socks while I was in Boston. I’m afraid they won’t fit my mom though, they’re pretty tight on me and her feet are bigger than mine. I’m hoping that a good warm wash will loosen them up a bit, but I’m afraid that won’t be enough…

Unfortunately, Flickr does terrible things to photos, so this doesn’t look great but here’s my first attempt at EZ’s Sewn Bind-Off.

The sock reclining on the blog machine (i.e. my Mac Powerbook G4 🙂 ).  Technically this socks still isn’t finished, as you can see there are still some ended to weave in, my least favorite part.

Artsy shot!

And a couple shots of the yarnover pattern…

Guess that’s about it, I really should go back to bed…Hopefully this week and weekend will be less hectic and I’ll be able to finish that other sock and maybe get some other knitting, or maybe even spinning, in!  Somehow though, I doubt it.  I’ll keep you posted!


~ by Whitney on September 26, 2006.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: